SUV Offensive and Three World Premieres : PEUGEOT at the 2016 Paris Motor Show
PEUGEOT is entering the second half of the year with confidence after a strong first six months of the year, including:
- the continued success of the PEUGEOT 308, the brand's best-seller which is in the top 3 of the European C segment and which is the driving force behind the PEUGEOT’s move up market, with up to 20% of the mix produced by the GT Line, GT and GTi by PEUGEOT Sport finishings;
- the success of the PEUGEOT 208, which was redesigned last year, and for which sales are up 15% in Europe;
- the success of the new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV launched in June which is second in its segment in Europe;
- its technological and environmental leadership in Europe; its 1st place position among major brands in CO2 emissions (with an average of 101.6g); the 34 versions of individual vehicles and 7 versions of commercial vehicles; best in class in terms of CO2 and holder of the Engine of the Year distinction awarded for the second consecutive year to the turbo version of the 3-cylinder PureTech petrol engine.
PEUGEOT is presenting three world premieres this year in Paris as part of its major SUV offensive: in addition to the highly anticipated new PEUGEOT 3008 and PEUGEOT 5008, the never before seen PEUGEOT 3008 DKR will be shown; this vehicle will represent PEUGEOT Sport in Dakar in 2017.
THE PEUGEOT STAND IN PARIS: SUV OFFENSIVE AND AMPLIFIED EXPERIENCES
The PEUGEOT stand in Paris this year will have a new design and architecture in black and copper in a 3,600 m² space. Visitors to the PEUGEOT stand will discover:
- Three vehicles being presented for the first time: The PEUGEOT 3008 DKR and the new models of the PEUGEOT 3008 and 5008;
- The PEUGEOT Sport area with vehicles from the 308 GTi series by PEUGEOT Sport and the 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport as well as racing vehicles like the PEUGEOT 3008 DKR and the PEUGEOT 208 WRX;
- The PEUGEOT SUV line with the new PEUGEOT 2008, 3008, and 5008 models;
- The Technologies area with the line of efficient PureTech and BlueHDi engines, the EAT6 gear box, the PEUGEOT 308 R Hybrid concept car and its 500ch traction chain;
- The PEUGEOT Fractal concept car, an electric city coupé that provides a forward-looking vision of the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® integrating 3D audio effects;
- The cross-functional GT Line, which offers a chic and sporty finish from the PEUGEOT 108 to the PEUGEOT 508;
- The Roland Garros Line, with the PEUGEOT 108 TOP! and 208 Roland Garros;
- The Business Line, with the new PEUGEOT Traveller and the PEUGEOT 508 Business;
- Electric Box Mobility Products Available: with a PEUGEOT iOn and a bicycle with electric assist, the products available from PEUGEOT PARTNER Electric have expanded this summer
- The 2- and 3-wheeled products available, with the PEUGEOT Django and Metropolis motor scooters, bicycles, and the scooter with PEUGEOT e-kick electric assistance.
The stand also offers a chance to immerse yourself in the universe of the new PEUGEOT 3008 through an experience zone in which you can discover:
- The new generation of driver’s cockpit with the new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®;
- A demonstration with a virtual reality headset to become totally immersed in the new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with its driving aids, including an adaptive speed governor with a stop feature (with the EAT6 automatic gearbox) and Hill Assist Descent Control (HADC);
- Two Ambiance Centres called Boost and Relax with massage chairs, a perfume station and the diffusion of the Aerodrive and Harmony Wood perfumes;
- A FOCAL® Sound Centre, as the FOCAL® hi-fi sound system is featured in the new PEUGEOT 3008 being debuted.
Visitors can also enjoy the lounge area, where they will discover all the services offered by MYPEUGEOT.
NEW PEUGEOT 2008, 3008 AND 5008: SUV OFFENSIVE
This year, we launched five new SUVs as part of our world offensive in this segment. After the new PEUGEOT 2008 in Europe and the major changes to the PEUGEOT 3008 in China over the first six months of the year, the brand unveiled the PEUGEOT 4008 in China less than a month ago and is now presenting two new SUVs in Paris, the PEUGEOT 3008 and 5008.
New PEUGEOT 2008, the brand's compact SUV
The elegance and dynamic performance of the PEUGEOT 2008 have been highly praised by customers since its launch; the distinctive new design of the 2016 model is both powerful and seductive.
The new GT Line finishing, which now covers the entire line, offers a sporty and chic ambiance. The PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® delivers unprecedented sensations and makes driving intuitive, agile and safe.
With its dynamic, top-of-the-line handling, the new PEUGEOT 2008 has an adaptive Grip Control motor system that makes it versatile and able to adapt to any kind of terrain.
The PEUGEOT 2008 is equipped with the Mirror Screen, which uses MirrorLink® and Apple CarPlayTM and rare devices in this segment like a reverse camera, Active City Brake and Park Assist.
The line uses Euro6 PureTech and BlueHDi engines and includes four motors that are Best in Class in their segment.
The new PEUGEOT 2008, produced in Mulhouse and awarded the Origine France Garantie label, is second in its segment in Europe and first in its segment in petrol engines.
The new PEUGEOT 3008: when PEUGEOT disrupts the SUV C segment market
This highly-anticipated car is storming the SUV C segment market, a category of vehicles that is continually expanding in all areas of the world. With its irresistible advantages, it appeals to choosy customers who want to stand out and have new experiences. The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV aims to immediately become a major actor in the market, whether through its spectacular, next-generation PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®, its inspired design, its optimised architectural efficiency or its high-tech comfort and security amenities. A range of powerful, efficient engines and designs—including sporty GT and GT Line versions—is available for the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV, which is the beginning of a new line of SUVs from PEUGEOT that will be recognized around the world.
Produced in Sochaux and awarded the Origine France Garantie label, the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV will be launched around the world in the weeks following the Paris Motor Show.
The new PEUGEOT 5008: SUVs enter a new dimension
Though its name hasn't changed, the design is entirely unprecedented. The new PEUGEOT 5008 breaks new ground as a large seven-seater SUV in the C segment. As a new contender in this promising consumer market, it boasts many strengths.
The new PEUGEOT 5008 SUV has not only the new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® system and the Efficient Modular Platform EMP2, but also a number of other high-tech features. Beneath its elegant and dynamic design you will find remarkable functionality: with its seven individual seats, the new PEUGEOT 5008 SUV is the first SUV with incredible modularity worthy of the best multi-purpose vehicles. The seats in the second row are entirely independent, but identical, adjustable and foldable. The seats in the third row are foldable and easy to remove to optimise a record 780 dm3 VDA 210 of space in the boot.
The new PEUGEOT 5008 SUV produced in Rennes will be presented to the public in Paris before its international launch in the spring of 2017.
The PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®: the new generation of driver’s cockpits.
PEUGEOT has continued its quest to make the driving experience more pleasurable by carefully studying the best way to design the driver's cockpit.
This quest resulted in an innovative interior layout: the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®.
It includes essential elements that make it easy to identify and highly desirable.
The latest generation of the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® launched in the new PEUGEOT 3008 and 5008 has all the latest technology for comfort and safety. It amplifies every sense more than ever:
-The steering wheel is even more compact. Redesigned with a rim with two flat parts for an improved grip, it provides more space for the driver’s legs and increases their field of vision.
-The head-up display combination uses a 12.3” high-resolution digital screen with futuristic graphics. The display is entirely adjustable and customisable and it brings together everything the driver could want within their line of vision so that their eyes never leave the road and they can focus on driving. The aesthetics of each configuration rely on animations and modern, technological transitions.
-The large 8” touch screen that brings together comfort controls in an intuitive way and makes it easy to use all the vehicle’s features. It is located in the centre of the dashboard and has powerful technology to make it more reactive and practical to use.
This screen is complemented by a central console with an elaborate design. It boasts a series of high-quality chrome toggle switches that are metallic and soft to the touch.
With a simple touch of one of these buttons, there is something to appeal to all the senses:
- sight, through adjustments to screen brightness and colour settings;
- hearing, via musical ambience settings;
- touch, through multipoint seat massage programmes;
- smell, with a fragrance diffuser.
The vehicle offers passengers two sensory environments to begin with: Boost, for energetic driving, and Relax, for a calmer experience. Both of these modes are entirely customisable. They create a unique and unforgettable on-board experience for driver and passengers alike.
The new PEUGEOT 3008 DKR, taking on Dakar in 2017
PEUGEOT will begin the 2017 season strong, drawing on its victories in Dakar in January (South America) and in the Silk Way Rally this summer (Russia, Kazakhstan and China).
The next Dakar Rally is already shaping up to be a formidable and keenly contested competition. The four Team PEUGEOT Total crews will remain unchanged and will all possess a powerful new speed demon: the PEUGEOT 3008 DKR.
Designed in collaboration with the PEUGEOT Style Centre, the PEUGEOT 3008 DKR offers an extreme vision of the new 3008 SUV by expanding on the elements that make it easy to identify and its size as well as its tinted back windows. The racing car remains faithful to the fiery attitude and form of the SUV, with a black cell resting on wide beams and chrome finishings to highlight the roof line. The front and rear views for the two vehicles are similar, including the projecting parts, the grill and the band with the red “claws” for tail lights.
When it comes to the technical aspects, PEUGEOT Sport mainly worked on cooling, suspension (vibration dampers and geometry) to further improve the handling of the car, the mass of the car (which remains the same in spite of some reinforcement), and above all the integration of an air conditioning system which will undoubtedly be very appreciated by the crews.
The engine was also a major focus for work. It was adapted to fit the new FIA rules, reducing the diameter of the air restrictor from 39 to 38 mm for 2 wheel drive vehicles, leading to a loss of around 20 horsepower. Engineers tried to counterbalance that loss and improve the usability of the engine at low speeds. Major efforts were also made to ensure improved reliability of the engine environment.
As in 2015, Team PEUGEOT Total will hold a full-scale rehearsal during the Rallye du Marco (from 3-7 October) where the PEUGEOT 3008 DKR will be tested on a race course by Carlos Sainz/Lucas Cruz. They will be joined by Cyril Despres/David Castera, the winners of the Silk Way Rally, for the final official participation of the PEUGEOT 2008 DKR.
The 2017 Team PEUGEOT Total crew members Stéphane Peterhansel/Jean Paul Cottret, Carlos Sainz/Lucas Cruz, Cyril Despres/David Castera and Sébastien Loeb/Daniel Elena will be at the starting line for the 2017 Dakar Rally driving four PEUGEOT 3008 DKRs.
To read the full press kit, download the document