Roll-out of the SUV and sustainable mobility offensive: PEUGEOT at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show
After a year with 12.3% growth in its worldwide sales, at 1,919,460 vehicles, and positive development of its geographical mix with 43% of its sales achieved outside Europe - up by 5 points - PEUGEOT is starting 2017 with confidence.
- Continued success of the PEUGEOT 208, the brand's best-seller, with worldwide sales up by 8% showing viability of its mid-life.
- Continued success of the PEUGEOT 2008 SUV, with worldwide sales up by 10%, representing the strongest growth of any of the brand's PVs.
- Outstanding success of the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV, with almost 100,000 orders in just over 4 months.
- A successful launch for the new PEUGEOT 4008 SUV in China, with almost 25,000 orders since it went on the market.
- Record growth for worldwide sales of utility vehicles, up by 10%, and in particular PEUGEOT Partner (+20%), new PEUGEOT Expert (+20%) and PEUGEOT Boxer (+7%).
- Confirmation of the brand's move upmarket, with 86% of orders for the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV, 40% of orders for the new PEUGEOT 4008 SUV and 64% of sales of the PEUGEOT 2008 achieved at level 3 or higher.
At this year's Geneva Motor Show, PEUGEOT presents its new Partner Tepee Electric, which added to range of sustainable mobility solutions.
The backbone of its worldwide product offensive, the three new PEUGEOT SUVs – 2008, 3008 and 5008 – will be displayed at the stand.
Lastly, the brand will present its forward-looking vision of the autonomous vehicle, with the very attractive PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT and its new generation i-Cockpit®!
THE PEUGEOT STAND IN GENEVA: SUV AND SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY OFFENSIVE
This year in Geneva the PEUGEOT stand boasts an elegant two-tone black-copper design, with a surface area of 2,300 m2. Visitors can discover:
- A vehicle presented as a world premiere: the new PEUGEOT Partner Tepee Electric
- An SUV area with the new PEUGEOT 2008, 3008, and 5008 models
- An electric area, where PEUGEOT presents the range of its electric mobility solutions: electric-assist scooters, folding or sports bikes, motor scooters and private vehicles
- A lounge area to discover the PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT, a forward-looking vision of the autonomous vehicle according to PEUGEOT, in which drivers will save time and gain freedom.
- A PEUGEOT Sport area, which offers the iconic 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport – dressed for the occasion in its blue/black two-tone design – and 308 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport, as well as the 3008 DKR which won the 2017 Dakar event
- The range of private vehicles, with the new PEUGEOT Traveller and the new PEUGEOT 108 Collection, unveiling a partnership with the singer-songwriter Mika and the transversal GT Line offer on 208, 308 and 508
- The 2- and 3-wheel mobility offer with the Metropolis, GenZe and Belville scooters.
The stand also offers a chance to immerse yourself in the universe of the new PEUGEOT 3008 and 5008 SUVs through an experience zone
Visitors can do experiments, with a technological and impactful demonstration of connected 3D navigation and the many driving assistance features available using the Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset.
Eight learning experiments are set up to illustrate the Advanced Grip Control, Hill Assist Descent Control (HADC), Active Safety Brake, Distance Alert and the Active Lane Departure Warning features).
All of the driving assistance features presented on the brand's latest models constitute a new step towards achieving vehicle autonomy by 2020
PEUGEOT ROLLS OUT ITS SUV OFFENSIVE WITH THE NEW PEUGEOT 2008, 3008, 3008 CHINA, 4008 AND 5008.
The internationalisation of the PEUGEOT brand is underway and is supported by a complete SUV range:
- The PEUGEOT 2008 accounts for the brand's strongest PV growth in 2016, a growth which has been sustained for 4 years, with worldwide volumes up by 10%. It is growing spectacularly particularly in Europe, Brazil and Japan.
- The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV has achieved outstanding success in Europe and overseas, but also great critical acclaim, winning around twenty awards worldwide.
- The new Chinese PEUGEOT 3008 is aimed at customers seeking a C-SUV entry-level vehicle.
- The new PEUGEOT 4008 SUV has seen its sales take off in China, and the move upmarket has been successful with 40% of sales achieved at level 3 or higher.
- And lastly the new PEUGEOT 5008 SUV, launched for this Geneva Motor Show edition. Thanks to its controlled dimensions, spacious interior and smart features, it represents a unique offer on the large 7-seater C-SUV segment.
PEUGEOT, A KEY PLAYER IN SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY
Present in the electric sector since 1995, PEUGEOT is the only brand in the world to market a comprehensive sustainable mobility offering: electric-assist scooters and bikes and an electric motor-scooter, in addition to personal and utility cars.
New PEUGEOT Partner Tepee Electric: electric takes on a whole new dimension
Presented at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show as a world première, the new PEUGEOT Partner Tepee Electric unites the advantages of the Partner Tepee leisure activity vehicle, which have made it such a success since its launch, and the pleasure of driving an electric vehicle. It offers comfort for five passengers with a generous, adjustable interior. PEUGEOT Partner Tepee Electric has been developed for the growing clientele that wants to reconcile electric mobility with a multiplicity of everyday activities, whether just personal or both personal and professional.
Its certified range of 170 km matches the driving practices of the great majority of European motorists who drive a daily average of fewer than 60 km.
PEUGEOT Partner Tepee Electric thus opens up electric vehicles to new possible uses: carpooling with five people or leisure activities for the family, for example, are now compatible with electric mobility.
It will go on the market in September 2017.
PEUGEOT eC03 D7*: high-quality access to the world of electric assist bikes
The PEUGEOT eC03 D7 is an urban and accessible PEUGEOT e-Bike, price starting at €1,199.
Its excellent price-quality ratio is the result of the ongoing improvement of perceived quality of PEUGEOT cycles.
In the PEUGEOT Cycles 2017 range, it replaces the eC03.200, the best seller in recent years.
The PEUGEOT eC03 D7 is ideal for discovering electric assist bikes in a city environment, with its successful specifications.
The E-Going electric engine located in the front wheel is flexible, responsive and reliable. The 7-speed Shimano transmission and the digital screen make the bike easier to use.
The Suntour CRV7 suspension fork with 40 mm clearance provides comfort on city rides and local trips.
The 50, 70 or 100 kilometre autonomy, depending on the battery chosen, is suited for all uses.
*eC03 D7: e for Electric / C for City / 03 for Entry Level / D7 for 7-speed derailleur
PEUGEOT Scooters presents GenZe, its new electric mobility solution
A pioneer in electric mobility, the PEUGEOT Scooters brand is the first to have invested in the segment when it launched Scootelec in 1996, then E-Vivacity in 2011. For this new edition of the Geneva Motor Show, PEUGEOT Scooters displays its GenZe model (Generation Zero Emission), developed in collaboration with GenZe by Mahindra.
This new electric scooter today represents the best of the electric scooters on the market, in terms of both its sturdiness and its autonomy, for professionals and individuals. An offspring of the American pick-up truck, the GenZe embodies this spirit, combining cutting-edge technologies developed at the very heart of Silicon Valley, where it was designed.
It stands out among existing solutions thanks to its removable battery, allowing it to be charged directly at home, avoiding the inconvenience of looking for a self-serve charging station. Also offering a 12-volt socket at the rear of the vehicle, the GenZe is fully recharged after just 4 hours (80% in 2 hours) and has autonomy of 45 km. With maximum speed of 45km/h, this "Generation Zero Emission" model goes from 0 to 45 km/h in under 10 seconds!
Electric but also connected, GenZe follows the driver's lead and offers a fully digital dashboard (TFT technology) to track fuel efficiency information in real time, including the eco-score, showing fuel usage per km travelled. A dedicated application will also allow easier fleet management for professionals thanks to geo-tracking of the vehicle.
PEUGEOT Scooters does not forget about safety, providing led lighting for improved visibility! In terms of ergonomics, the GenZe scooter is equipped with an "exo-skeleton" aluminium frame for optimum protection and durability in operation. It also has a rear storage compartment built into the frame and start-up requires a security code.
The model will offer its driver 4 different driving modes: Sport, Economic, Beginner and Personal. Available in autumn 2017
Model shown - Geneva 2017: GenZe, Blue
PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT, IMPROVED FREEDOM
Who has never dreamed of a car that offers complete peace of mind while controlling its environment? A car that understands us, that knows us and is able to anticipate our every desire? A car that is an extension of ourselves? A car that offers seamless, fluid and simple driving?
PEUGEOT positions itself in this sector with an important watchword: freedom. Freedom to choose the driving method, the sensations. Freedom of movement. Our demonstration is called PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT.
PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT embodies the inseparable link that unites the brand with the notion of pleasure, through the experience of the autonomous vehicle according to PEUGEOT.
Autonomous driving is the next automotive revolution. All manufacturers will be able to implement this technology. The way in which the brands implement it will be the differentiating factor.
PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT is a station wagon with a timeless style. Active aerodynamic elements finish off the purity of the lines.
PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT, the best of the Internet of Things (I.o.T)
As a world première, an I.o.T. platform built into a vehicle is functional. The Samsung Artik Cloud is built into the vehicle user's cloud.
PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT progresses in symbiosis with all connected objects for a new way to experience mobility. The car integrates the data that the user wishes to share with it: data from smartphones, smart watches and home automation.
Daily activities are performed smoothly and without interruption. From home to work and leisure, PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT presents a new seamless range of uses.
PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT offers four travel modes: two driving modes (Drive Boost or Drive Relax) and two autonomous modes (Autonomous Sharp or Autonomous Soft).
PEUGEOT Responsive i-Cockpit®, a shared revolution
The PEUGEOT Responsive i-Cockpit® redefines the passenger compartment to suit the uses specific to autonomous driving. Interfaces are configured before, during and after use, according to the travel mode selected and the user profile.
The driver retains control of PEUGEOT INSTINCT CONCEPT at all times. In Autonomous mode, the driver can therefore perform a manoeuvre using the i-Device installed on the central console.
NEW PEUGEOT 3008 DKR: FOR A NEW HISTORIC TRIPLE VICTORY IN THE 2017 DAKAR
Thirty years after its first Dakar victory, PEUGEOT has once again demonstrated its expertise by pulling off a stunning triple victory in the 9,000 km race, strewn with pitfalls, through Paraguay, Bolivia and Argentina. At the wheel of their new PEUGEOT 3008 DKR, the Peterhansel/Cottret, Loeb/Elena and Despres/Castera crews flew the French flag high at the South American race.
Just back from the world's most challenging rally-raid, the victorious PEUGEOT 3008 DKR (#300) is on display at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show.
PEUGEOT 3008 DKR, a technical challenge and a designer's dream
PEUGEOT SPORT, in collaboration with the PEUGEOT style centre, has turned the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV into a racing prodigy, even more distinguished and high-performance.
From a technical standpoint, PEUGEOT Sport has taken the basics from the PEUGEOT 2008 DKR which already won in 2016, and has developed several key performance elements:
- The suspensions (vibration dampers and geometry) to improve auto performance even further.
- Ease of use of the engine and availability of the torque in all circumstances.
- Adjustment of the engine to the new FIA regulation, for PEUGEOT reducing the air intake flange diameter from 39 to 38 mm, with a loss of around 20 HP.
- Introduction of an air-conditioning system: an important performance factor given that for some stages of the Dakar, the cockpit temperature can rise to 60°C.
- The weight of the car, which remains stable despite some reinforcements and the air-conditioning.
- Considerable efforts have also been made to further improve reliability, in particular of the components of the engine environment.
PEUGEOT's ranking at Dakar:
- 1987: victory of Vatanen/Giroux (205 T16 Grand Raid)
- 1988: victory of Kankkunen/Piironen (205 T16 Grand Raid)
- 1989: double Vatanen/Berglund (405 T16 Grand Raid), Ickx/Tarin (405 T16 Grand Raid)
- 1990: triple Vatanen/Berglund (405 T16 Grand Raid), Waldegard/Fenouil (405 T16 Grand Raid), Ambrosino/Baumgartner (205 T16 Grand Raid)
- 2016: victory of Peterhansel/Cottret ( PEUGEOT 2008 DKR)
- 2017: triple for Peterhansel/Cottret, Loeb/Elena and Despres/Castera (all on PEUGEOT 3008 DKR)
The key numbers from Dakar 2017:
- Kilometres: 8,823 km, of which 4,093 km timed in twelve stages.
- Stage victories: 9 of 10 competed in total, 5 for Loeb/Elena (stages 2, 5, 8, 11 and 12), 3 for Peterhansel/Cottret (stages 3, 7 et 10), 1 for Despres/Castera (stage 4).
- Doubles & Triples: 5 doubles (stages 3, 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12) of which 3 triples (stages 3, 8 and 10).
- Successive leaders: Loeb/Elena (stages 2, 3 and 8), Despres/Castera (stage 4), Peterhansel/Cottret (stages 5 to 7, 10 to finish line).
- Maximum speed: 203 km/h (stage 2).
Embrace a unique driving experience with Sébastien Loeb
PEUGEOT welcomes you on board the all-new PEUGEOT 3008 DKR with the latest connected technology, its enhanced virtual reality headsets. Speed peaks on the tracks, acceleration at low revs in the dunes, overcoming obstacles ... You'll experience all the thrills during this 3-minute run seated next to expert driver Sébastien Loeb.
STANDARD MODELS BY PEUGEOT SPORT THE SUCCESS OF THE 208 GTi AND 308 GTi
The expert engineers at PEUGEOT SPORT, exacting and passionate, have created two compact sport city ranges, the 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport and the 308 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport, whose uncompromising quality, sturdy design and high-level performance are the factors in their growing success.
All eyes are now on the new exclusive design of the 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport, with the dual-material textured matte blue/glossy back oblique two-tone design, emphasising the car's feline nature. The new design of the 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport is presented as an avant-première at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show, along with the 308 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport. To better appreciate the potential of the 308 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport, a driving simulator allows fans to experience the sporty ambience of the cockpit and the ultimate thrill of the drive.
PEUGEOT SCOOTERS PRESENTS ITS LATEST NEWS
In addition to the new electric scooter PEUGEOT GenZe, PEUGEOT Scooters will present two more new vehicles at the 2017 event :
- the new PEUGEOT Metropolis, its "made in France" 3-wheeler, developed and assembled in Mandeure, the birthplace in the Franche-Comté region of the world's oldest 2-wheeler brand!
- the PEUGEOT Belville, PEUGEOT Scooters' new Premium vehicle, extending its Large Wheel range, will also be on display in Geneva.
New PEUGEOT Metropolis, the most technological 3-wheeler on the market from PEUGEOT Scooters.
Generously equipped, PEUGEOT Metropolis is reputed among the most technological scooters on the market, with its features providing driver safety as well as comfort. The requirements of the Euro 4 standard provide a good opportunity to improve its unique performances, through several key improvements. In terms of the engine, this new model boasts the Euro 4 PowerMotion 400cc LFE engine which preserves its performances while offering well-controlled fuel consumption.
These profound changes come with many additional equipment features on the new PEUGEOT Metropolis, such as a new chassis and suspension settings that make it more manoeuvrable (more precise and predictable handling), a Traction Control System which ensures better grip on all surfaces.
Its 13" front wheels, aside from giving a more sporty look, help improve comfort and stability of the vehicle with a larger ground contact.
In order to improve safety, an ABS braking system consolidates the vehicle's braking power, with 23% distance gained at 50 km/h compared with the combined SBC system (Synchro Braking Concept) with which it was previously equipped.
Note that PEUGEOT Scooters becomes the world's leading 2-wheeler manufacturer to offer automatic activation of hazard lights in the event of emergency braking, a safety system triggered beyond 50 km/h in the event of sharp deceleration of more than 6 m/s.
These features are added to the leading innovations that contribute to the success of the French 3-wheeler, such as the Smart key, now supplied in duplicate (for contact-less ignition), the TPMS (Tyre Pressure Management System) visible on the dashboard or the DRL (Daytime Running Light) activation. Lastly, the new Metropolis is equipped with the latest generation storage compartment from PEUGEOT Scooters, with space to store a full or flip-up helmet and a jet.
The new PEUGEOT Metropolis also offers a dashboard with an entirely modernised design and 3D circles around the speedometer and the rev counter, as well as new red backlit needles.
This model is available in a special matte black and red RX-R, RS and Allure sports version. An entry-level "Active" version, equipped with combined SBC braking and 12-inch wheels, is also available.
Belville, a new Premium vehicle that rounds off PEUGEOT Scooter's Large Wheel range, along with the Tweet
With a nod to the Paris neighbourhood of the same name, PEUGEOT Belville asserts its roots and embodies the pleasures of the city. A highly elegant model, designed to bring the Large Wheel segment (the biggest in Europe) the style it deserves.
A new Premium vehicle equipped with the new-generation SmartMotion engine from PEUGEOT Scooters
As part of its strategy to move upmarket and open onto the international market, PEUGEOT Scooters has designed a new generation engine with the LFE (Low Friction Efficiency) technologies that are already on the range's PowerMotion engines (Citystar, Satelis and PEUGEOT Metropolis). The SmartMotion engine is a compact engine that is virtuous, efficient and modular. Compact and efficient since it is intended for the brand's compact and urban vehicles. Virtuous due to its low fuel usage and low emissions, and modular since it can use Air or Liquid cooling. The SmartMotion engine delivers the best torque/fuel economy compromise for improved driving pleasure.
Belville features the PEUGEOT brand's latest codes
It is aimed at men and women seeking a practical and refined scooter. With its front LED lights, LED turning signals and the "3 claw" rear light expressing the true PEUGEOT identity, with Belville it will be love at first sight.
In terms of safety, this new vehicle comes with the ABS braking system as standard, helping to make it especially secure, and adds the reassuring stability of its large wheels. Its long seat and its adjustable hydraulic vibration dampers provide unrivalled comfort, as do the practical details: storage compartment with space for a full helmet, flat floor, USB port, lockable glove compartment...
This brand new model will come in the following versions: Allure, with a new PEUGEOT top case as standard (opens with the car ignition key), and RS (sports version), each of them offered in 125cc with the new SmartMotion engine with liquid cooling, and in 200cc with the EasyMotion engine (Euro 4).