The new PEUGEOT 208 is the best-selling vehicle in France.
For the second month in a row, PEUGEOT posted an exceptional performance over the month as a whole and is the leading manufacturer in the passenger car market, with +1.6 points of market share at the end of February 2020 versus 2019. Over the same period, the brand is also the leader in sales to individuals and B2B sales.
These volume records are mainly due to the successful launches of the new Peugeot 208 and Peugeot 2008, which were very well received by customers. The success of the electric versions continues to contribute to this excellent performance, making the new PEUGEOT 208 the best-selling car in France.
In the LCV market, Peugeot maintained its second place and gained 1.3 points in market share.
Cumulative 2020 :
PEUGEOT has three vehicles in the top five best-selling passenger cars in France:
- The new PEUGEOT 208 leads the way with a market share of 6.3%,
- The PEUGEOT 3008 is in 4th place with a market share of 3.4%,
- The new PEUGEOT 2008 is in fifth place with a market share of 3.1%.
Six vehicles are leaders in their segment:
- The new PEUGEOT 208 in the B segment with a 6.3% market share.
- The PEUGEOT 3008 with a 3.4% market share in the C-SUV segment
- The PEUGEOT 2008 in the B-SUV segment with a market share of 3.1%,
- The PEUGEOT 308 with a market share of 2.6% in segment C,
- The PEUGEOT 5008 in the C-SUV 7-seater segment with a market share of 1.7%,
- The PEUGEOT 508, with a market share of 0.9%, in the D station wagon segment.
In a passenger car market down 7.8%, PEUGEOT had a market share of 20.4%, up 1.6 points from the same period a year earlier.
In a LCV market down 3%, PEUGEOT is up 1.3 points compared with 2019 with a market share of 19.7%.
In a PC+LCV market down -6.9%, PEUGEOT gains 1.6 points versus 2019 with a market share of 20.3%.