PEUGEOT at the 2020 Brussels Motor Show: The Power of Choice
PEUGEOT’s 2,000 m2 stand, in Palace 3 of the Heysel centre, features:
- The European Premiere of the new SUV PEUGEOT 2008 in its internal-combustion and electric versions
- The new PEUGEOT 208 and e-208
- The 508 PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED concept car
- The PEUGEOT Plug-in Hybrid range
- Electrically assisted bikes: the eT01 FS Crossover and eC01 D9 PowerTubes
EUROPEAN PREMIERE FOR THE NEW PEUGEOT 2008: #NEXT GEN SUV
The new PEUGEOT 2008 is taking its place in the compact SUV segment, making its contribution to what constitutes the current success of the PEUGEOT range: assertive design and differentiation through innovation and technology.
With its powerful and distinctive styling, the new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV has a sculptural presence. It stands as a remarkable new page in the history of PEUGEOT SUVs, fitting in perfectly with the current styling of the range while boasting its own inimitable personality.
The new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV is even more high-tech and now comes equipped with the new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® 3D, which keeps all its fundamentals:
- a compact steering wheel
- a large HD touchscreen
- an innovative head-up 3D instrument panel
The equipment and driver assistance systems are new and even rare in the segment. They are generally found on models further up the range and feature the finest of PEUGEOT expertise. The new SUV is packed with technology, including drive assist and park assist, blind spot monitoring, extended road sign recognition, driver attention alert, and an active warning system of involuntary lane crossing.
Based on the all-new and efficient latest-generation Common Modular Platform (CMP), the new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV is a multi-energy vehicle. Drivers are free to choose the type of drive train in line with their own specific needs: full-electric, petrol or diesel.
Because electric driving can be magical, PEUGEOT’s first electric SUV brings motorists a new world of 100% electric sensations. The 100 kW (136 hp) electric motor and immediately available torque of 260 Nm fully deliver on daily driving pleasure in all situations. The large-capacity 50 kWh battery offers a range of up to 320 km according to the new WLTP standard.
And because electric technology should in no way compromise the qualities of the new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV, the batteries are installed optimally under the floor.
Charging times vary according to available power:
- 16 hours for a complete charge with the charging cable supplied
- Between 5 hours and 15 minutes and 8 hours for a complete charge with a WallBox
- 30 minutes to recover 80% of the battery charge with 100 kW public stations
An SUV with an international calling, the new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV was launched at the end of 2019.
NEW PEUGEOT 208 AND PEUGEOT e-208: FUTURISTIC & YOUNG
At the 2020 Brussels Motor Show, PEUGEOT is presenting the new PEUGEOT 208, replacing one of the brand’s best-sellers. As part of today’s energy transition, the choice of body styling should not dictate the use of a vehicle or its drive train. This is why the new PEUGEOT 208 is available from launch with three energies: full-electric, petrol or diesel.
Fully consistent with the PEUGEOT brand’s move up market, the new-generation 208 stands out with its sharp styling, exuding youthfulness and energy.
Inspired by the PEUGEOT Fractal concept car, the new PEUGEOT 208 is equipped with an original and new-generation PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with a head-up 3D instrument panel and a host of driver assistance systems heralding from superior segments.
The PEUGEOT 208 is a core B-segment model. Like the new PEUGEOT 2008, it possesses assertive styling and stands apart through its innovations and technology. Ultra-connected with the Mirror Screen function and TomTom® Traffic connected 3D navigation, the new PEUGEOT 208 also scores top marks on safety and is fitted with segment-leading latest-generation driver assistance systems, including the new Drive Assist function, pointing the way to semi-autonomous driving.
Available from launch, the new PEUGEOT e-208 is particularly agile and a pleasure to drive with its full-electric 100 kW (136 hp) drive train, offering 260 Nm of torque (available from 0 km/h) for immediate responsiveness. The large-capacity 50 kWh battery provides a range of up to 340 km according to the new WLTP standard.
The new PEUGEOT e-208 has several instantly recognisable exterior styling touches:
- a body-coloured grille
- dichroic lions that change colour according to the angle of vision
- an “e-208” badge at the rear and “e” lettering on the wings
508 PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED CONCEPT CAR: NEO-PERFORMANCE
The 508 PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED concept car previews the line-up of high-performance electrified vehicles developed by PEUGEOT SPORT.
Based on the radical PEUGEOT 508 HYBRID saloon, the 508 PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED concept car boasts distinctive, sharp and athletic styling.
The aerodynamics were designed for optimal efficiency and top-notch performance, with a sharper front bumper, a narrower grille with floating blades, subframe flaps, quarter-light fins and a new diffuser at the rear.
The Selenium Grey body paint, which changes according to the light thanks to opalescent particles, is combined with “Kryptonite” inserts asserting the model’s place in the sporty and high-performance line-up.
Designed with all the expertise of the engineers at PEUGEOT SPORT, the 508 PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED concept car is an exceptional performer, comparable with a 400 hp internal-combustion vehicle. It has four drive wheels and provides spectacular acceleration through a combination of a 200 hp PureTech petrol engine and two electric motors, 110 hp at the front and 200 hp at the rear.
The 508 PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED concept car has all the advantages of a hybrid vehicle, bringing drivers true efficiency and a range of up to 50 km in full-electric mode (WLTP).
A 100% ELECTRIFIED PEUGEOT STAND
From 10 to 19 January, the PEUGEOT stand will focus on the brand’s latest electrification developments:
- A European Premiere: the new PEUGEOT 2008 and e-2008.
- A 100% electrified range with the Plug-in Hybrid range. Plug-in hybrid technology combines a petrol engine with an electric motor for enhanced versatility and freedom of use. The PEUGEOT 3008 HYBRID4 (300 hp and 4WD) and the PEUGEOT 508 saloon and SW (225 hp) are adapted to the city, the open road and the great outdoors (3008 HYBRID4). The four driving modes available on these models heighten driving sensations, with the magical effect of the full-electric ZEV mode, the efficiency of the 4WD mode (3008 HYBRID4), the power of the Sport mode and the versatility of the Hybrid mode.
As PEUGEOT is the only carmaker to offer a global mobility offering on two, three or four wheels, the stand also features the latest electric developments by PEUGEOT Cycles, with a Bosch battery built into the frame.
- PEUGEOT Cycles is presenting the eT01 FS Crossover PowerTube. The new electrically assisted trekking bike achieves the perfect synthesis for all uses: in the city, on the open road or on tracks. Front and rear hydraulic suspension systems filter out bumps and ensure an efficient and comfortable ride on all surfaces.
The eC01 PowerTube D9 electrically assisted city bike is equally well adapted to town and country, as efficient on treks as it is on urban asphalt.
List of vehicles exhibited on the stand:
- New PEUGEOT 208 & e-208
- New PEUGEOT 2008 & e-2008
- PEUGEOT 308 & 308 SW
- PEUGEOT 3008 HYBRID4
- PEUGEOT 508 & 508 SW HYBRID
- PEUGEOT 5008
- PEUGEOT RIFTER
- PEUGEOT TRAVELLER