PEUGEOT 2020 sales results : an outstanding year
PEUGEOT has confirmed its vibrant momentum with:
- a growing backlog of orders,
- five regions out of six that have increased their market share,
- 25 countries beat their record in volume or market share,
- its strategic objectives of moving upmarket and electrification upheld.
Even if automotive sales activity experienced a drop in the markets, PEUGEOT was able to maintain its performance thanks to robust foundations.
PEUGEOT results in detail
- The order backlog is up 15% compared with 2019,
- Five regions out of six increased their market share: Europe: + 0.1 point, Middle East-Africa: + 0.6 points, Eurasia: + 0.1 point, India and Asia Pacific: + 0.1 point and Latin America,
- 25 countries beat their market share record: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Japan, Portugal, Norway, Ukraine, Asean, Estonia, Slovenia, Greece, Ireland, Egypt, Iceland, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Dominican Republic, Mexico, South Africa, Arabia and Latvia.
- Five of PEUGEOT’s vehicles are up on the podium of the best selling vehicles in Europe: 208, 2008, 3008, Rifter and Partner,
- The SUV range is the second largest in Europe,
- A successful move upmarket with a third of vehicles in levels 3 and 4, up 8.5 points compared with 2019.
- The electric range is a success, with 1 in 10 vehicles sold in Europe in the electrified version.
A look back at PEUGEOT in 2020
- Peugeot Sport has joined the WEC (World Endurance Championship) sports programme and unveiled the 508 PEUGEOT Sport Engineered which will be put on the market in 2021,
- The PEUGEOT 208 is a real success in many countries, it is the second largest in its segment in Europe and is the number one in France. It won the COTY (Car of the Year) award in March 2020 and has received 26 awards worldwide,
- The launch, in October 2020, of the electric engine versions on the e-Boxer and the e-Expert, which won the Ivoty prize (International Van of the Year),
- The new Landtrek pick-up truck was launched in November 2020 in Latin America, in a segment that represents more than 2.5 million annual sales worldwide,
- The launch of the revamped PEUGEOT 3008 and 5008 at the end of 2020, ready to go on the market at the beginning of 2021 in the main European countries,
- Online sales were launched in April 2020 in the UK and France with very promising results and will be rolled out by the end of April 2021 in Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal and Austria.
"It is a real source of pride to see that the results are there with an electrified range that has been met with great success from customers. This performance is the fruit of our strategic choices and the efforts deployed by our teams during this particularly difficult period.
We will face many significant challenges in 2021, the year will begin with the marketing of the 508 PEUGEOT Sport Engineered in the first half of the year, with record performances and CO2 emissions kept at 46 grs".
Jean-Philippe IMPARATO, Managing Director of PEUGEOT