Six PEUGEOTS on the aventure PEUGEOT stand at Retromobile
The 44th Rétromobile show will be held at Porte de Versailles in Paris from 6 to 10 February 2019. The 120,000 visitors expected over the five days will be able to admire the PEUGEOT e-LEGEND Concept, an all-electric, autonomous and connected vehicle by the Lion brand. The star of last year's Paris Motor Show will be on show alongside the PEUGEOT VLV, the brand’s first electric vehicle. The stand will also feature the PEUGEOT 201 Torpedo and PEUGEOT 304, celebrating their 90th and 50th birthdays respectively. The PEUGEOT 604 TI and the PEUGEOT 204 Coupé competing in the 2019 Tour Auto round out the sextet.
Aventure PEUGEOT is displaying six vehicles, most of them from its stock, at this year’s Rétromobile show on Stand F029 in Hall 1.
- The PEUGEOT VLV (“Véhicule Léger de Ville”, or light city car) is the brand’s first electric model, revealed in May 1941 in mini-cabriolet guise. Powered by four 12-volt batteries, the VLV already had a range of 75 km to 80 km and a top speed of 36 km/h. The model embodies a year in which PEUGEOT is resolutely focused on the energy transition, with each new brand model henceforth being available in an electrified version.
- The PEUGEOT 201 Torpédo, presented by the Les Amis du Lion organisation, is celebrating its 90th birthday this year. The first car in the legendary “2” series was displayed at the 1929 Paris Motor Show. Inaugurating the naming system of a three-letter figure with a zero in the middle, it went on to be produced in nearly 143,000 units.
- The PEUGEOT 304, presented by Club PEUGEOT 204 & 304, is the oldest known example still on the road. The version on show is identical to the model presented in the same hall at the Paris Motor Show in October 1969.
- The PEUGEOT 604, presented by Club 604 International, was the first six-cylinder PEUGEOT, unveiled in March 1975 at the Geneva Motor Show six months ahead of launch. Its Pininfarina design made it an eminently prestigious model at the time.
- The 1967 PEUGEOT 204 Coupé, also presented with the support of Club PEUGEOT 204 & 304, is from the stock of Aventure PEUGEOT. It is competing in the 2019 Tour Auto adorned with new body finish designed by the PEUGEOT Design teams.
- And to round out the show, the team from Aventure Automobile in Poissy is exhibiting a magnificent 1983 Talbot Tagora SX powered by the 2,664 cm3 V6 PRV engine.
Accompanying these illustrious predecessors is the PEUGEOT e-LEGEND Concept, an all-electric, autonomous and connected vehicle that expresses PEUGEOT’s vision of a resolutely optimistic and ultra-desirable automotive future.