Summary of PEUGEOT 2018 commercial results
Tue, 15/01/2019 - 19:30
Following the publication of the PSA Group's press release on 15 January 2019, please find below the summary of the main highlights of the PEUGEOT brand's commercial results in 2018:
- 1,740,283 PEUGEOT vehicles sold worldwide.
- Worldwide sales of the brand excluding JV increased by 2.4%.
- Best sales growth of the top ten manufacturers in Europe.
- 16 countries break their record in market share and/or deliveries:
- Record market share: France and Italy
- Record market share and deliveries: Portugal, Greece and Ireland
- Record deliveries: Spain, Poland, Chile, Czech Republic, Morocco, Japan, Mexico, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Croatia and Estonia
- New LCV record with 243,000 vehicles sold worldwide, up 4% from the record already set in 2017:
- PEUGEOT Boxer sales record: 73,000 vehicles (+6%)
- PEUGEOT Expert /Traveller sales record: 78,000 vehicles (+31%)
- New PEUGEOT Partner elected International Van Of The Year (IVOTY)
- Historic record for PEUGEOT France
- Leader in private sales
- Leader in sales on the B2B channel to passangers cars
- Successful launches of new vehicles:
- New PEUGEOT 508: more than 10,000 orders
- New PEUGEOT Rifter: more than 20,000 orders
- New PEUGEOT Partner: more than 11,000 orders
- Success of the move up market brand's strategy:
- Mix GT Line/GT/GTi level at 21% worldwide (+ 2 points)
- Mix automatic gearboxes of 36% (+ 6 points)
- Peaceful energy transition for PEUGEOT without interrupting offers when the new standards of September 1, 2018 are adopted.